Hair Color Tips
Achieve younger, healthier hair that will shine with these color tips!
• Let your hair color reflect your personality. You choose your clothes to match your personality, so why not do the same with your hair? Let the color & style you choose talk about you—without having to say a word.
• Choose a color that enhances your haircut. Get the best total look by having a consultation with your colorist & stylist at the same time.
• Pick a color that best compliments your skin tone to help you look and feel healthier and happier.
• Create texture with the right hair color. Smart color placement can help hair look thicker & more voluminous—ideal for fine hair.
• Follow seasonal hair color trends to look trendy and fashionable. Our stylist can offer you the latest color combinations.
• Use hair color to look younger—not only by covering grey, but also through modern techniques that our stylists offer.
• For a subtle change, try our glaze for incredibly shiny hair. It allows you to keep your color yet get more shine and excellent conditioning.
• Make sure you get a hair color regimen that is convenient for you. Talk to your stylist about how often you are comfortable with coming back to the salon and we can choose the best options for your needs.
• Hair color can bring on a big or small change, so choose the option that is right for you.
• Pick the right brush for blow drying. Choose a large round brush to straighten long, coarse or curly hair; a medium size one to add body and smoothness to medium-to-long hair; or small one to give short hair volume boost.
• Section the hair before you style.
• Make sure hair is 100% dry. Before you use a flat-iron, curling iron or any other hot tool, make sure hair is thoroughly dried—otherwise, the heat can cause damage. Keep your flat-iron moving.
• Move your flat iron down each section to smooth with medium pressure. Starting and stopping, as well as pressing too hard, can leave "dents" in your hair.
Get the Look
• When hair is healthy, it has a natural shine. Get yours in shape by doing a weekly deep conditioning treatment.
• Apply a small amount of any texture product to damp or day hair.
• Always warm up waxes and pomades in your hands first. It makes it easier to work through the hair.
• Make sure you don't apply too much wax or pomade by lightly smoothing it over your top layers only, then working it through the rest of the hair.
•Always towel blot your hair gently. Never rub it back & forth with a towel. That roughs up the cuticle and causes frizz.
• For an easy way to give curls natural definition, take random sections of hair, twist around your finger and air-dry.
• To de-frizz and add body to curls or waves, blend a curl activator and a smoothing gloss in your palms, apply to damp hair and diffuse dry.
• Apply straight products to damp hair and blow dry. Flat-iron for extra-straight results.
• Flat-iron small, thin sections of hair, not big chunks. That way heat will be distributed evenly and results will be smoother.
• When blow drying, always point the nozzle downward. It helps smooth the cuticle (the outer layer of the hair shaft) so hair looks sleek and shiny.
• Apply volume products to damp hair & blow dry for maximum body.
• When blow drying, use a large round brush to direct hair upward & away from the root—creates extra volume and lift.
• For bouncy curls, set dry hair on large velcro rollers and blow dry with a diffuser for five minutes. Let cool, unroll and gently finger comb.